PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 14:59
cokecan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a wry glance at the shotgun above the mantlepeice is one thing while hypothetically discussing what would happen if 'the Argies' had another go - counting on its appearence against a 2 or 3 Coy sized formation armed with GPMG's is quite something else.

Personally i found the attitude at MPA more casual that i would have thought being on a lump of turf that another country claimed, had invaded within my lifetime, and being 8,000 miles from help warrented, and that the attitude went through pretty much every unit i came into contact with. many of the units could doubtless swing into 'warfighting' mode pretty much instantainously - the RIC, the radar and Rapier units etc.. but what i'll descibe as the 'rump', the people who work at MPA day in and day out, were not in the kind of condition/training/frame of mind to run outside on hearing the klaxon, pick up a rifle/GPMG and tear down to the runway or airfeild perimitor to surround the arriving Argentines with overwhelming firepower.

it, to me, seemed pretty obvious that if the RIC was elsewhere, then the famed 'they'd land, and be surrounded by 200 rifles and half a dozen GPMG's' scenario would be rather more hyperbole than fact.