PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Cheese ASA Style
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 04:36
Gentle_flyer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Kharon, According to controllers I know Airservices has no plan. Their new CEO has apparently made comments that have used up any sympathy she may have got from Heffernan and co. in the Senate. The controllers now call her "Gregaret". Presumably in honour of her seemingly mimic words of the previous incumbent. Her full name was spelled out to me by one who saw it on the controller's blog. If my memory is correct it was "Gregaret Back Staib, Sheikess of Tweak". I am sure one of the controllers will correct me if I have got it wrong? From one of the controllers that attended her briefing she is going to "transform the business". When asked what she meant she indicate the main change was that RAAF and Civil controllers would use the same system. Talk about an anti-climax as this will not do a thing to negate the increasing traffic levels, increasing age demographic of the controllers (i.e. older), and the increasing number of close breakdowns of separations. Airservices should be asked just two questions: 1/. What are you going to do to address the problems confronting Airservices in the short term, i.e. to 2020? 2/. When Airservices finally commissions AFS/CMATS or whatever the GEE WHIZ name that they give the new system, what is going to be different for the controllers at the workface that is better than the current system? Guess what? At the moment the controllers know of nothing in the pipeline before AFS/CMATS and most controllers I know tell me that the goss inside the big project is that it will struggle to do what the current one does. So if honestly answered it would be 1/. NOTHING and 2/. NOTHING. Oh dear. Me thinks the new CEO has a problem!!