PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair, too low on..
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 02:57
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to bother reading thru this whole thread..."Hetfield" says it all...the guy who doesn't understand "no flap landing" profiles obvivously doesn't understand the defination of a visual approach, verses a "stabilised" approach...(from another thread for which I critisied him...however now I think I understand where he is coming from...)

Trying to interject his long learned and age old wisdom (which in my opinion is very valuable and a lost art nowadays) should be something all of you young guys should take note of... I don't really understand the problem here...

If 1,000 AGL is the minimum safe altitude, how could you ever land if even one tiny little cog in the wheel was out of the mix?

That's why we are Captains, a title that didn't come with a training course and a few years experience back in Hetfield's day...(Nor mine, may I add) and doesn't come with an instruction book. A Captain will never find all of the answers to any given situation in a Flight Manual...

Basic principals of flight always dictate the flight of the airframe...I think what Hetfield is saying and I fully agree with is: How you as a Captain apply basic aerodynamics to your aircraft in any given situation is not taught in any school, it is only learned after years of watching and picking the best of every "Greybeard" you fly with and learn why some other Captains scared the hell out of you...

That's my rant...I know a few Ryanair Captains, one of which was an Instructror with me in the mid 1980's....I've never ridden on Ryanair, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so if they were going my way...

Hetfield...I hope you realize I'm agreeing with you...sort of...DI3G