PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hardy's Aviation Grounded?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 02:24
flying-spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"that maybe true but surely if there were compliance issues with the T&C system those issues should have been picked up in the last AOC or spot (surveillance) audit?

Audits are supposedly designed to capture safety cultural shifts within a company's SMS and the operating environment before they become significant safety issues.

So did that happen and subsequently these non-compliances weren't adequately addressed? Or did the previous audit totally miss these issues and are they now only discovering what the previous audit team missed? Or is there some other agenda at play? "

I don't know what you guys are on but I think you need to lay off it a bit.
It started with the CP failing a rating check probably followed by the deputy doing the same. Which would have instigated a "show cause" or in other words "you have got until Monday arvo to tell us why we shouldn't stop you flying IFR."
As far as hidden non-compliances and the SMS, this has all stemmed from a planned IFR renewal, not an audit.

JH admits to a misunderstanding and consequent over reaction and recommences operations. I don't see that as calling anybody's bluff.
Don't get me wrong, I have known JH for nearly 25 years and he is a smart and honorable person.
As far as the daggers being thrown at Darwin CASA people, I think you will find the audits are done by Brisbane people. At least that was the case until a year or so ago.

Last edited by flying-spike; 9th Dec 2012 at 02:28.