PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hardy's Aviation Grounded?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2012, 07:25
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
We didn't ground Hardy Aviation: CASA | News.com.au

"
However, Hardy's managing director, John Hardy, said on Saturday that CASA had grounded all its flights on Friday night over concerns with its pilot training and flight simulator.
Mr Hardy said hundreds of people would be affected by the grounding of the airline's 32 planes.
"How is the Northern Territory going to be serviced? I am really flabbergasted by their action, they're just diabolical," he told the ABC.
"Maybe they've got some concerns with us and we're working through them, most of it's administrative I think, and we'll work through it.
"But to shut the place down just while they flex their muscles with us is quite disappointing."

The above is apparently from John Hardy, so according to this its still say CASA has grounded them even though they say they didn't. So first off, pull your head in Socket, read through it all yourself and you would have seen the above already mentioned in the article posted by Lasiorhinus.

Just a thought, but could it be perhaps that CASA is correct and that they haven't directly ordered Hardys to be grounded. It seems that there has been an issue with the Chief Pilots Instrument Renewal which has lead to him perhaps not being able to legally hold that title and as such caused caused a grounding?

I'm assuming that part of his Renewal would be done in the Sim, if CASA are unhappy with the Sim they are using could they have refused to allow it to count for his renewal which has led to the "Instrument Rating Issues" they have mentioned?

Just throwing some thoughts around...