PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Little Darlings
Thread: Little Darlings
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2012, 06:05
MacroPolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little Darlings

Was SLF on CX135 to Melbourne on Thursday night.

First signs of it being a less than pleasant experience was when walking down the air bridge for final security check and confronted by 50-60 Caulfield Grammar (Melbourne, Victoria) students making one hell of a racket, yelling, carrying on and banging on the sides of the air bridge.
Wasn't surprised that the AVSECO staff were too afraid to say something, so they continued unabated.
Boarded and went to my allocated seat in the rear section, only to be steadily engulfed by what can only be described as an undisciplined rabble.
Students and teachers alike wandered around the aircraft well past the scheduled departure time, all wishing to change seats etc.
The lack of supervision by the couple of accompanying teachers was astounding. They were asked several times by cc to take their seats but basically couldn't care less.
I have never seen so many passengers become agitated enough to ask to change their seats and move further forward. Many locals were visibly shaken by the rude and aggressive nature of the students whose total lack of respect seems to be the norm from Australian tourists these days.
Even once eventually seated, the noise was incredible and I defy anybody in the rear section to have heard ANY of the safety announcement.
I managed to extricate myself after getting airborne so am not sure how the poor sods left in the back faired the rest of the flight.
Just wondering, at what point would the Captain come back and speak to the (pathetically weak) teachers and/or students? Surely the safety of the flight is jeopardized when nobody on board can even hear the cabin crew or safety announcements.