PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Middle East Airline has best quality of life?
Old 8th Dec 2012, 05:34
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR roster.

A320:
quite hard rosters, infact, bad. Largely depends on bidding, BUT bidding will give you one great roster per few months, the rest being ordinary. Also at QR it depends on if your training cpt/management or in the "good books of the planners or somebody".
!!!8 days off is all your going to get!!!
Really bad day shift then night shift style planning.
average hours will be from 80 - 105 Hrs (flying time) per month! They even plan you illegally here!! unbelieveable. (160hrs+ for duty time which you dont get paid for).
And the monkeys running the show wonder why people want fleet transfers all the time!

A330:
At the moment, the fleet to be on.
Ave 12 - 14 days off.
average 55 - 80hrs flying per month.
may see routes disapear as the 7late7 starts to take the "nice" destinations and the 330 starts to become the freighter.

777:
ave 65 - 80 hrs flt time.
Ave 12 - 14 days off. some at outports.
bigger time changes but split crew and more rest during flight.
average

A300:
averaging 30hrs p/m.
Cant complain hey; Believe me, some boys do! they want to fly more! well come to the 320 is all I have to say to them

Potentially the 787 is a trapped fleet, as alot of the smaller 787's may be doing shorter haul stuff and end up like the 320..... hopefully not and goes towards the 330 rosters.

If you come anywhere in the ME you will work hard but especially true for 320 and in QR.

Last edited by disagreeable; 8th Dec 2012 at 05:39.