PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too many SO's at CX?
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2012, 01:12
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with your point that nothing can change whenever we continue to eat our young, as you put it tuck. But to answer the same question asked of me many many times (go back & read previous posts): I was offered a position on B-Scale. That was the contract that but for a scarce few pilots on CX that by far the overwhelming majority were on. B-Scale did not represent a severe lowering of recruitment standards to kids with zero hours, zero credentials & zero experience. B-Scale did not enslave me to a bonded contract. B-Scale permitted me to earn an income that responsibly offered long term financial security as remuneration for the professional standards CX once sought in their recruited pilots.

Geh: I get your point, of course. But to deliberately & knowingly undercut the market value so dramatically & hence get the job only by doing so & then trying to demand those terms & conditions that were deliberately forgone later shows zero integrity. Would these zero hour wonders stand a chance against pilots with many thousands of hours experience, with further credentials & multi engine (jet, turbine or light twin) Cmd time as we're those who interviewed with me? No. They were successful because all but one of us turned it down as I'm lead to believe. They chose to undercut the market & now want what they turned down which is the only real reason they were ever able to interview?

But like you I too see the issues. Guys I know at CX are staunch (almost red left wingers) union guys who by the way joined during the recruitment ban.

I find it wrong to undermine the market to get the job to then seek those exact same terms & conditions that were turned down once in.