PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 212/412 headset plug diameter
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2012, 00:26
Moemen Shahawy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bell 212/412 headset plug diameter

Hello,

I was having a debate about the headset plug diameter of the Bell 412 with a colleague, however no information regarding this matter was found in the pilot's manuals. I guess it would be mentioned in the tech. & maintenance manuals, but I don't have those.

So, 1. is the 412 headset plug is a U-174/U or a U-93A/U (TP120) plug ? I was told that the U-174/U is (7.1mm / 0.281in. diameter)

I believe that the U-174 is standard on most civilian helicopters, but I'm not sure, so I need clarification for that matter.

Also, 2. the 412 being a civilian helicopter that is developed from the 212 which has an original military variation (Huey), does it make its radios high impedance levels or low ones ? I am aware that the low impedance are for military and high for civilian, but I don't know if Bell brought the low levels from the Huey along with civilian variation or not considering other things were brought from the Huey to the 212.

Just need clarification as I'm new to this helicopter and still didn't get into every detail of it past the pilot's manuals.

Thank you.

Last edited by Moemen Shahawy; 8th Dec 2012 at 00:27.