PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TRACON for windows help needed
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 19:30
PhilLUFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
250 kts: My reply was meant to be light hearted banter rather than a serious comment. I was a bit shocked to read your reply, but on reading my post again I can understand why. Eastern wiseguy appears to have seen it as it was meant, maybe he is right about the use of smilies though .

Chilli Monster: Thanks for the help, will have a look later.

Eastern Wiseguy: Thanks for the tip(s).

Bigears: We'll put it down to a missunderstanding and get on with it (the file was named readme.txt so it was probably my fault). Thanyou for taking the trouble to look for a manual for me, it's appreciated.

Planning visits is my 1st priority (assuming the selection test results due by friday are positive), to both a NATS and a non-NATS unit. The ATC game was my idea of a 1st step that even if I am unsucessful should prove to be fun. The airband radio idea hadn't occured to me but dad has one lying around somewhere so I'll dig it out.

Attraction of ATC? I would be lying if I said it was what I'd always wanted to do, in fact I hadn't even thought of it until the last year or so. The main reason is the general challenge of the job, I have always liked spatial awareness puzzle games and mental challenges.

Stress aside (which I think I can cope with) everything I have read has been possitive, you all seem to love your jobs which is quite a rare thing. But the main reason is that it is something I think I could be good at, the more I think about it and read about it the better it sounds to me.

Phil