PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Middle East Airline has best quality of life?
Old 7th Dec 2012, 19:31
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laker,

I don't work for QR - I am just posting again what has already been posted by QR pilots. One would hope things would improve over time IF they want to hold on to quality pilots... That said, there is no evidence that anything has improved roster-wise (unless someone posts a recent roster that shows improvement).

Better for people to go to the Middle East (especially Qatar Airways) with their eyes WIDE OPEN. Just expect to work hard. You will work hard at all of the major airlines in the region - but QR appears to be the hardest working... The A320 rosters at QR look particularly challenging... That said, the longhaul flying on the 777 and A330 look equally exhausting (add in the jet lag). Based on these sample rosters and on comments provided by QR pilots, it sounds like monthly pilot productivity is the absolute priority at QR regardless of the attrition rate.

I personally know someone on the A380 fleet at EK who worked very hard as an A330/340 FO but now his roster is more stable on the A380 (at least for now) and he gets a good amount of time off between longhaul flights. He loves the A380 and he has more of a life now than he ever did on the other fleets.

Last edited by Iver; 7th Dec 2012 at 19:40.