PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More cuts coming?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 18:59
Biggus

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts
Alex,

On the basis of your last arguement, if the survey quoted on the BBC link is to be believed, you are asking, for example, 63% of Army Officers to "leave".

You don't know my personal circumstances. If your last statement was meant for me personally, rather than as a general one, then I find your comment little short of insulting. What gives you the right to say that either I, or indeed anyone who you consider to be pessimistic about the future of the military, isn't still doing their job professionally? One doesn't follow on from the other! Indeed, one can have a "degree of positivity" and still be unprofessional in the way one approaches one's job (NOT that I am accusing you of that!).

Personally I will attempt to do my job to the best of my ability until my last working day in uniform, out of a sense of professional pride if nothing else, whatever my other feelings may be.

Tiger mate's comment is very valid, one man's pessimism is simply another man's realism. It's all a matter of perspective...

Last edited by Biggus; 7th Dec 2012 at 19:03.