PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 11:02
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have 10 you are looking at ? The Top dollar ones are well specked, kept in Hangers. One owner,No damage History and low hours.
Your engineer checks one of them ! That aircraft had a chute pull, landed at high force and was extensively damaged! It has been well rebuilt.
Would you buy it any where near the price of the others?
Pace I am just basing my opinion on 3 damaged and repaired Cirrus that I personally know the full history and eventual sale prices.

There are plenty on the market at the moment and yes it is very competitive but the figure I mention is what I have seen broadly achieved for one CAPS repaired aircraft, one tail strike, and one run off the end of a runway and quite substantially damaged. No doubt there is a reduction in pricing but in my actual experience closer to A&C's figures.

At the end of the day anything is worth what the market will pay on the day, I fully accept that.

All three of the aircraft I am referring to are 100% fine after several years of operation, with a very high standard of repair and even to the extent on 2 of them Cirrus fully approved the repairs and kept existing warranties in place.

I think the final price would be also relevant to who carried out the repairs and the history of the repair.