PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Air Darwin
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 07:52
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
T303 that is true once a company has gone into liquidation. But non-payment of staff super while still trading is a scam that can be controlled if a few take early preventative action.
For example. On a recent gig, the usual super payments were shown on every payslip. After the usual three month cycle I checked my super fund. Nada. The bloody accountant did not even know what my super fund was, even though I had supplied full details. He later admitted that he had scribbled it down on a post-it note then lost it. He was also quite candid about them not paying super because they had other more pressing matters! Like fuel and airport charges to keep flying. So..... I gave them two written email warnings and notice that on the third strike they would be out. When they still did not pay it, I got the ATO on to it and am now getting the super drip feed - as are the other staff I believe. This company has not yet folded, and some may claim that heavying them like that has only worsened their finances. While some do genuinely get into trouble through circumstances like terminated contracts etc, with some people not paying bills and entitlements is almost a religion. A certain person who is well enough known in these forums comes to mind. Even when he could afford to pay, he didn't. It was like he got out of bed each morning with a plan to screw someone - anyone. The ends that he would go to are almost legendary. Like sending false copies of bank transfers by fax, or transferring money to an account then somehow doing a reverse transfer a minute or two later.
If they are not paying your super, these bottom feeders are stealing YOUR money. It is up to employees to get heavy before it is too late, even if it is the final nail before the receiver comes in. Too bad, let them get out of aviation and run a trinket stall at the markets. Where they will learn basic economics, i.e. what you sell must bring in more than what you are obliged to pay out. If you think that your job could be on the line - if they are unable to pay your super, they are going broke so all your action will do is perhaps accelerate the process by a couple of months.
And yes, it is about time defaulting thieving directors lost their houses and did a year or so in the slammer. Make a few high profile examples and watch the rest of them take their responsibilities a bit more seriously. The compulsory super scheme is a farce and the pr!cks know it.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 7th Dec 2012 at 20:05.