PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th Dec 2012, 01:30
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one of the audit team got a "well done" and is now being shafted for some mysterious reason
Which audit team Mr Spike? The special audit team or the less competent audit team?
If you refer to the special audit team then that may be the very problem Mr Spike. If one does their role correctly and professionaly it could make the more senior yet incompetent folk there look even more stupid? It could also be frowned upon that a robust in-depth audit took place because that can result in a lot of deficiencies being aired, which in turn could lead to more work for the regulator to undertake, and they wouln't enjoy that would they? It may also make the regulator appear to be incompetent of not doing it's job correctly if an Operator has excessive findings.
So it is probably no surprise that the special audit has actually backfired on CASA from that perspective. Hence the alleged shafting of one of the auditors.
Is that CASA's version of 'just culture 101'? It looks as if the real issues, the bigger problems in the place stem from the top tier rather than the frontliners. Cut away the chaff at the top and some robust wheat may shine from underneath?

On a final note, my guess is that at the end of the day as long as the executives receive their bonuses and huge salaries they won't care what happens to the audit team anyway.
And can anybody out there explain what CASA managements bonuses are based upon? Even better, can anybody explain why they receive bonuses in the first place? On some of the data posted on prune I have worked out that almost 800k was paid out in bonuses last financial year? It certainly can't be based on performance that is for certain? How is it quantified? What are each persons KPI's and/or measurables? The DAS earns roughly the same as the Prime Minister (who by the way is also overpaid). His minions are not far behind. That these guys get paid so high and get bonuses is beyond belief and beyond reasonable. Time for the Senate to recomend an overhaul of that lucrative set-up don't you think? Might be time for the business class travel perk for the executives to be removed as well, and make them travel on the cheapest economy fare of the day, like all the other plebs have to. It might help Swanny in his quest for the almighty surplus.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 7th Dec 2012 at 01:35.