PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zu Bell 205 Flying Pax
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 16:13
Tom Bradford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it amazing that aviators in SA cannot take hands. I have read the threads posted on the site over and over, and it is as clear as daylight that Rotorhead started the thread on the 205 with the intention of rediculing the people who operate it. I was stationed in SA a long time ago, and flew once or twice for a helicopter operator when they were still based at the old Oceana Boat Club facility at Granger Bay. A Hughes 500 was then the flavour of the month. That was before the business was moved to the Waterfront I imagine.

Cape Town has so much to offer aviation wise, and I fail to understand why people in the industry can simply not get along, or leave each other and their affairs alone, and just get on with what they are doing in their own businesses. Why always be on the lookout to see what others are doing? Interfering with others people business is a recipe for failure. Instead of trying to establish what the others are doing, keep your eyes and ears open, mouth shut, and just get on with it.

I am currently working for an operator who operate 11 machines in a very competative market. There are at least 6 other companies in competition with us. We never redicule each other, never foulmouth each other, and are always willing and able to help each other. When there are crew rest periods, we all get together, go boating, fishing and have a lot of fun together. We don't fight, we don't argue, and we always support each other, yet we keep our flying business professional, and respect each other for that.

When are the South Africans going to learn? Aviation is a smart industry to be in, and I love my job and the industry. Maybe I should council a couple of you youngsters and teach you how to be tolerant of one another, respect one another, and work together with one another. Come on guys, I'm pretty sure that there is enough work for everyone out there. Stop the haggling, backstabbing and bull***** Get on with your jobs, and do yourselves proud in what you are doing in aviation.