PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FE / CRE Examiners Assessing English Language Proficiency
Old 6th Dec 2012, 17:16
pembroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"And I thought it couldn't get worse"
First, and I hope it stays close to the theme of this thread, the SRG 1199 in General Guidance, states "Section 3 should only be used for language assessment...during a flying or radio licence test...
This is often quoted if the CAA is contacted directly and at least one examiner I know is unable to confirm level 6, if revalidating by experience or to assist someone who is trying to change to an EASA licence, where there is no record of level 6 with the CAA.( I understand that an IN is on its way!)

Second, and it happened today. Contacted by a club PPL, "JAR to EASA" PPL application halted, due no evidence of level 6. PPL granted in 2007 and I have revalidated the PPL twice since then, once by experience and once by test. Both times used SRG1119 and signed "level 6" on page 2. CAA today can find no evidence of level 6, either on a paper copy of the SRG 1119, or recorded electronocally. By the way, the car park was full and they had four people on the L&TS desk!
My only suggestion is to include a SRG 1199 with an EASA licence application, and that is what I am advising the PPLs I know. As an FE I am expected to comply with CAA rulings, standards and protocols. I am expected to retain all copies of my work as an examiner, but I feel very angry that the CAA are so incompetent.

Last edited by pembroke; 6th Dec 2012 at 17:16.