PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Judging The Flare
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2003, 15:27
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feet dry:

Hi:

I do not think that I am right and everyone else is wrong. Flying is a predictible and measurable exercise, there are correct and incorrect methods of accomplishing each and every exercise invloved in properly and safely learning to fly an airplane.

Well actually I do think I am right with regard to the most reliable method of judging flare height ( the subject of this thread ) and the most reliable method of judging height above the runway to complete the landing in the most professional way.

You will find that many instructors will agree with my method so I am not alone in my method of teaching.

To answer your question.

Total time?

Somewhere around thirty thousand hours,( all accident free ) I have sort of lost track of the exact figure..

Types?

Fixed wing.......Mooney Mite to Airbus A320

Helicopters..... R22 to Sikorsky S61

Gyroplanes...( I hold a USA Commercial Gyrplane license ) Mc J2 and several experimental types...

But for the purpose of this discussion I am an advanced flight instructor that started advanced flight training over forty years ago teaching high command control flying, training Agricultural pilots. To day my business is advanced flight training, I work world wide and all my customers are by refeeral only. Therefore they seem to believe in my methods.

For the sake of interest and to allow me to compare our thoughts on this subject what is your TT , types and so on...?

Oh by the way I will be back in London in a couple of months, if your instructor would like some dual I could maybe make the time to re train him / her. I charge a minimum of USD $300.00 per day.

Cat Driver: