PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2012, 09:07
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace

No one knows better than I that the records will always show the work that has been done but it is far better than getting an aircraft with repairs properly recorded rather than an aircraft with a spotless record that has had bad repairs that have not recorded.

As I have said the price of a repaired aircraft usually takes a hit in the first year but recovers once it has a few hours of flying under its belt.

Quite frankly the glider pilots reading this thread will be laughing uncontrollably at the attitude you are showing with regard to composite structural repairs, in the gliding world the type of repair we are talking about is commonplace and certenly Carries no stigma as they have been operating composite structures far longer than the powerd flight world and know the score.

I think your attitude stems from the world of car repairs were there is little quality control. It is unlikely that you would fit a set or re-tredded tyres to your car, but in the aviation world airliner tyres are retreaded 16 to 20 times before the tyre is scrapped, all because the quality control is maintained.

If are lucky you can find a top of the range aircraft that has been repaired you will get it for a good price and it will perform as well as a new aircraft and as it ages the price will recover compared to the market, the only thing you have to steer clear of when selling is those who have been blinded by the " no damage history" bull of the aircraft dealers, because that is exactly what it is.... No damage HISTORY, not no damage.