PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair, too low on..
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2012, 01:26
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was berated not too long ago by a PPRuNe mod over a previous post I wrote about Ryanair and safety. I therefore welcome the opportunity to put the record straight. I can only assume this was not in fact dangerous in any way, but a totally normal approach for them. As any Ryanair pilot will tell you, it is entirely normal to have a rate of descent in excess of 3200 ft/min 1000' above the airfield. Indeed, the previous 5 pages of comments are merely tittle tattle from disaffected pilots who were unsuccessful in their attempts to join such an illustrious organisation. There clearly is no cause for concern here, because we are told there is not, and that should be good enough. Clearly there was no breach of SOPs either, just an unfortunate misunderstanding, for which we are all extremely grateful. And mercifully, there is no writing on the wall, because it would be offensive to many to suggest there is. I am both heartened and reassured that all is well and that safety was clearly not an issue at any point.