PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2012, 00:47
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow the mention of TA from anywhere outside SNN/DUB seems to really rise some people. I agree it's unlikely, and not the priority (LONDON). But if they did secure a 4 weekly NY service, would it really be that upsetting?

I mentioned CBP merely to illustrate another example of market interference, but SNN was the natural choice.

I notice no one addressed the substantive point, should a minister be interfering in commercial negotiations to directly favour one business over another?
Wouldn't be a problem and it won't happen today or tomorrow and as you say London is the main issue than needs to be addressed and if anything is putting the airport at risk its not having a decent business schedule even if it was only 3/4 days a week. NOC could add at least a thousand more passengers a month if the had a better London schedule. Dublin and Shannon are the only options for people in the west to get to London at suitable times.

One final not on CBP, its not the DAA running it, its the US side and SNN can just about support the running of it so how could NOC with a 4 pw or daily service to the US cover operating costs, it would not be sustainable.

I notice no one addressed the substantive point, should a minister be interfering in commercial negotiations to directly favour one business over another?
Can't comment on that as its NOC say aginst the minister and we don't know the full details.

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 6th Dec 2012 at 00:51.