Old 5th Dec 2012, 23:53
A30yoyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O P Jones Over the years....

Captain O P Jones by A30yoyo, on Flickr

matson LoC 00242u unknown 3 and OP Jones by A30yoyo, on Flickr

O.P. Jones and Ron at Bromma by Stephen Greensted, on Flickr

O P Jones by A30yoyo, on Flickr

I believe O P Jones and J C Kelly Rogers were both seconded to Aer Linte in 1947 by BOAC to train up crews for the proposed Irish Constellation service to New York....would be interesting to hear more of this project

And excerpt from the BBC people's war
Contributed by West Sussex Library Service People in story: Andrew Harris Location of story: Croydon, Surrey Background to story: Civilian Article ID: A4678257 Contributed on: 03 August 2005
In company with my mother and father we all sat round the radio to listen to Chamberlain’s words that our country had declared war with Germany. Shortly after we returned home and I may not have visited Bognor during the next five years, as the coast was a prohibited area due to the expectation of an invasion.
My father was transferred from the Post Office to the War Office, Prisoners of War section, and my next recollection probably dates from early 1940 when I travelled by car with him to Heston aerodrome where he handed over documents to the pilot of on eof the planes. This was the famous Captain O. P. Jones who had a long and distinguished career with Imperial Airways and B.O.A.C. (In one of the Heathrow Terminals there is a mural showing some of the pioneers of flight, and he is standing in uniform, easily recognisable by his black beard). I was introduced and allowed to sit in the cockpit with him in the plane which was a four-engined A. W. Ensign, the first large British monoplane airliner

Last edited by A30yoyo; 6th Dec 2012 at 00:15.