PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2012, 19:00
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to disagree about the sale price of aircraft that have been repaired by reputable companies, the sale price usually firms up after about a year when the market has forgotten that the aircraft had an accident and has seen it flying for a while.
A&C

The maintenance records will not forget!!
So if you were looking to buy a Cirrus and of the many you looked at for sale you would happily buy one which had had a chute pull and substantial damage in the crash landing that followed?
The ones that you looked at with one owner and well maintained with a good service history you would put on par with the accident damaged aircraft and pay similar money for both?
I have been around aircraft long enough to know that is not the case! Even if the aircraft has an excellent rebuild it still carries a stigma which drops it to the bottom of the pile as an attractive purchase.
The purchaser has to look at the fact that even though he intends to keep the aircraft for many years what if he has to sell it next year for one reason or another?
He has purchased someones problem! If that problem is not well covered in the purchase price he knows he is in for a big loss moving it on!
Sadly it may have an exceptional rebuild but it holds a STIGMA which will not go for many years ahead.

I also have held a share in an aircraft which was accident damaged by one of the members!after that we had no end of avionics problems coincidence or otherwise? When we sold it it was at a substantial loss sadly for us.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 5th Dec 2012 at 19:14.