PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair, too low on..
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2012, 14:03
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple of comments:
    They were High above an ILS GS, and presumably a VNAV profile, then they were Low on the ILS GS and VNAV profile and all without slowing down significantly. This means they descended through the GS. Does this imply the GS was not armed? After all, the A/P was engaged. The a/c went through the LOC from both directions. Therefore if APP was armed the LOC would have been captured allowing GS to be captured.

The statements from RYR seem to claim the AV article was objectionably inaccurate. I would like them to be very specific about what. Rather than trying to deflect attention with various claims, spurious or not, I'd like to hear from them the absolute truth. That way the will really deflection attention and close down this discussion. If OFDM data is correct I, and all RYR pilots, want to learn something from this. Let everyone be open about this event. I always thought the idea of OFDM data was to enhance safety and not witch hunt; to share the data and lessons learnt. Until we see certified accurate data acceptable to RYR & AV & IAA & BFU then speculation will abound.