PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2012, 13:05
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
That is fair enough fairflyer, however with the extension having been approved things may have been different.

That said, passenger flights aren't everything in this case, and it has been suggested in the past that the airport was close to paying for itself and even turning a small profit in the later years with all the business and GA/business activity on site. However certain clauses with the developer consigned the airport to be a loss maker for obvious reasons. The information is not publicly available, and it should be, given the nature of the situation.

Nobody can honestly argue that all options were considered prior to closure, given the owners conflicting interests up the road!?

The only time DSA was growing was when it started from a zero baseline.
That is incorrect.

Jabird, what is the competitive advantage to using DSA over MAN for a Sheffield business passenger? I see nothing wrong with what they have said on the petition website, and I cant imagine them giving DSA a public slating on there even if they wanted to.

I dont know but..

Perhaps I am in business or perhaps I am just applying a cold, hard, accountants' look at the realities?
I find that statement naive, unless you have seen and assessed the actual airport accounts.

I'm definately going to leave it there. I hope this petition opens discussion again, certainly if there are some solid facts about the airport accounts made public then I am open to changing my opinion on the matter, as would others be I'm sure. Crucially, such a discussion it could possibly even help DSA in its attempts to establish such traffic there. Until then this is just going to go around in circles.

Last edited by pug; 5th Dec 2012 at 13:26.