PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth Airport
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2012, 08:45
martello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soaring high
I understand your sentiment as one of nature's 'take parters'. However I've always (well nearly always) found Peter's observations/take on things to be spot on and very welcome whether or not he chooses to be an activist. The reason for that conciliatoriness towards a non activist is that there are many others who don't take part, but into the bargain they are contrary, critical and often put down genuine activist efforts. I may be misinterpreting things but I've always seen Peter as onside on issues such as this one. It's his prerogative to express despair. We'll just keep plugging away winning where we can.

Lying behind this particular issue at Bournemouth is somewhere a public paid official making/interpreting operational regulation and having to take no account of the consequences of his actions. That is the rocky road to totalitarianism. Freedoms are constantly being eroded. It happens all the time in many sections of our society but is usually pushed back by organised objection. Sadly the pilot community is disparate and often disinterested. try getting someone to join AOPA .
john murray