PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Middle East Airline has best quality of life?
Old 5th Dec 2012, 02:13
richard III

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extremely interesting thread, good points made..I was wondering now that there is a window open in the three ME carriers for 777 skippers I would be really helpful to have varied informed opinions about the three, It looks like as a straight forward package, EK is the better option, financially there are few differences, and as far as company culture I see as much complaining for the three of them even though there is one we can't talk about much, as a place for family to live, it looks like Doha is trailing, but they have more money than god and a world cup coming, so they should shape up quick, I personally like AUH better than DXB, but thats just personal. Also should you decide to keep your family put, let's say in Europe for schooling reasons, which carrier will make it easier for you? regarding rosters and staff travel arrangements? I know that many pilots do this at QR and all the companies pay for schooling overseas so I assume It is an accepted though not established practice. I even saw a thread in this same section regarding tickets for the maid and relatives. Cost of life in the three cities? which city has better international schooling? Accommodation during layovers? training culture, instructors or demigods? Housing at base? network? All these intangibles are important if you have family and wish to either keep them home or bring them over....
All opinions are appreciated,
All the best and blue skies

Last edited by richard III; 5th Dec 2012 at 14:31.