PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Dec 2012, 13:30
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personnaly I do live in Qatar, I'm from the region and I feel it's really quite and nice.
I lived also in Europ Dublin London and Paris but I do prefer Doha
Clearly a biased opinion.
Plus it sounds like your not short of cash to have been privlidged to lived in other countries and your applying for SO' position..

Your ability to give Doha a huge thumbs up states you have the luxury of accomodation, time and money, which I dont think others have.

No ment to be insulting, but nationals are looked after very well here and this is alot different to expats!

Hiring issue:
there is still some hiring but still a huge backlog in training. expect trickling in of new hires, which may pick up when they have cleared alot of the training list (which will take fair amount of time!)! its a manual system and takes a while for anything to get done.

I dont like saying 'be patient' but that is your only answer; and no, posting about "no answer yet" really clogs up the thread, so consider posting when you have good news/heard something from QR!

I think if you get an answer and somebody has "helped you" get that good news you should also explain that, because that "help" is not allowing others with the "no help" understand if QR is actually getting through the hold pool list.

good luck.