PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea heli ditching: Oct 2012
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2012, 08:46
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pitts, you keep delving into the reports. One of the great things about being here in the UK is that you can bring what you may think are injustices to light without fear of prejudice. You may or may not be right but you may just bring something to the surface that is worthy of consideration. We still don't have a definitive explanation to G-REDL (HUMS arguments aside) and after G-REDW it was largely assumed to be a one company issue until one of the largest helicopter operators in the world has the same issue. It does appear that in the helicopter world, we have to have confirmation of an accident by having another before things change.

We all have something to lose here, if the 225 doesn't return to service promptly, some here have more to lose than others. We will just end up with a fleet of S92s and a few shagged out L2s and the next thing that happens to either brings us back to square one.

I think most people can make their own judgement as to the efficacy of your posts, that includes passengers and crews - we don't need to be told how your missives should be read.

By the way, I have met a few PPL holders who are complete idiots; I have also met a considerable amount of ATPL holders who fall into the same category - that's life. A lot of ATPL holders were PPLs! There are very few ATPL holders that I would let run my business though...