PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 4th Dec 2012, 05:44
PAIN_NET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: ‘Tautological Rubbish’ statement.

It would appear that the Acting Director of Aviation Safety has taken it upon himself to ‘straighten the record’ in regards to that ‘internal memo’ that was placed on the public record in the hearing 21/10/12;

CHAIR:

This organisation, CASA, and the boss have the audacity to send out an internal memo which says, 'Do not be dismayed by our vocal but largely uninformed minority of critics.' You may not be described as a critic but you did say, 'This is an intolerable proposition,' and they said, 'Beg your pardon—we don't think it is.' So that could make you a critic of CASA. The email continues: 'They are symptomatic of other ills in society. I prefer "facts" when engaged in discussions'—I presume when you have discussions you deal with facts—'not hearsay and tautological rubbish.' This is out there on the edge of the ice-skating rink, in my view. I think that sort of an internal memo could be quite intimidatory of witnesses and people with whom they are dealing, including you. If that is the mindset of the boss, I think that is what I would call bullying in the gathering of evidence.

PAIN link for that correspondence from the Acting Deputy Director;

Zippyshare.com - CASA(3011).pdf

P2