PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 11:47
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no airport has a right to any service
NOC's press release seems to think they have a right to the routes..

Actually if you look back at their Chairmans statements and presentations to the Oireachtas Transport Committees they have been calling for balanced aviation policy for years and pointing out inconstancies in PSO, CAPEX allocation, IAA regulation and ATC charges to name but a few.
I was referring to fairness when it comes to SNN more so.

I will agree all forms of transport in this country are a mess and they need major change.

Remember NOC have been rebuffed on their plans for tax designation, business park, expansion plan, SDZ, and have cut staff wages and hours to break even. So I can see why their nose is out of joint.
Indeed and I would expect a range of saving to be implemented at SNN in the coming months to reduce the losses to otherwise the 100 million won't be long running out.

Will NOC be at a major disadvantage as SNN will not be paying carriers to operate from there (same as NOC). They will still be more expensive than NOC (fact). All SNN can do is offer a incentive like the current DAA ones. It just means NOC will need to be a little more flexibly and introduce incentives to airlines. (ie discount on changes) only problem is NOC is already very low so airlines should be queuing up to operate from there over SNN but they are not and the simple reason is because NOC can't support routes that are not aimed at leisure market from here or the likes of Germany for incoming holidaymakers.

SNN could support a daily CDG flight but NOC could not.

Yes, only one airline has the pulling power and route network, their statement implies that would be fatal to NOC, though I think it unlikely they would pull out completely.
Agree a complete pull won'y happen at most you will lose BGY, HHN, BVA. I have always said that NOC are over relaient on FR and that something like this could happen.

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:51.