PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 11:34
sawtooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think he means SNN will get the routes back that NOC took in the first place.
I think it was Ryanair that did the taking/giving and KIR/ORK also benefited, no airport has a right to any service. NOC from my reading are looking for the right to compete on a reasonably level playing pitch. Remember NOC have been rebuffed on their plans for tax designation, business park, expansion plan, SDZ, and have cut staff wages and hours to break even. So I can see why their nose is out of joint.

NOC didn't urge balance and fairness over the last few years did they?
Actually if you look back at their Chairmans statements and presentations to the Oireachtas Transport Committees they have been calling for balanced aviation policy for years and pointing out inconstancies in PSO, CAPEX allocation, IAA regulation and ATC charges to name but a few.

It's one thing airports offering knock down deals to attract airlines away from another, it's another think Governments giving them funding to do so, albeit indirectly funnelled.

Lest be honest it comes down to who gets Ryanair and no other airlines are concered. FR are in a great position now.
Yes, only one airline has the pulling power and route network, their statement implies that would be fatal to NOC, though I think it unlikely they would pull out completely.

Last edited by sawtooth; 3rd Dec 2012 at 11:41.