PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 04:55
geronimoapache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@disagreeable, even though I am not a fan of a "if u dont like it leave it" approach, but rather "try to change it to the better", in your case I am not sure it can work. You do seem extremely unhappy at where you are, so sometimes the best solution is to make the change. You are suggesting that we find something else and leave QR as last resort, well I would suggest even more the same to you.

One of the points that you have made for exemple is that there is no possibility of unionising in Qatar. But anybody that has done a serious research about the country is of course well aware of this fact and has accepted these rules by signing the contract. So crying over it is misplaced. At the same time, I should add that this is a country in the making, and thats what makes it exciting in a way. Dont forget that a few decades ago, they where shooting into striking workers in some of the western countries. Anyway, all of my fridns that have started to work for QR do point to some of the problems, but they are overall happy with their lives in Doha.

@Jmodel, any clue as to why your friend got an end of november update while some of us (most of us?) didnt? Is it the initiative, or a job well done, of some assigned coordinators while for others its just too much of work to write a short mail? And what was his update about, another update coming or something more positive? Interviewed when? Thanks.