PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 21:16
futurekenyanpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UA 405

please tell thsese guys, there are 20 year old first officers who went through the ab initio program, who drive a subaru, get deducted 133k, the place they can afford living is nyayo estate, some miss flights coz they were buying girls alcohol in westlands, third week of the month, they borrow money for fuel to go to work. i know two friends like that. this makes me wanna just beat them up, 100k net for a pilots lifestyle is peanuts. i passed kcse from nairobi school in 2004, was desperate to become a pilot so much that i wanted to sell my kidney at 19 coz my parents were a primary school teacher n mum a village church pastor earning net 15ooo a month and we were 7 kids total. i decided to go to the USA To hustle, i did all odd jobs, even wiping peoples asses, to raise money to study for a bachelors degree in aviation there. in 2009, one of the presidential candidates visited my mums church while campaining and my mum told him about me, he hooked me up with the ab initio thing, but i refused to abandon hustling two odd jobs and giving up my degree to go for the ab initio. i have no regrets, though it took me 9 years of my life to earn my degree and cpl ir, the salary would enable me take a loan to buy a cessna 172 take it to wilson in 5 years i wouldnt even need to fly kq . i can buy my parents a house, educate my siblings, and i wouldnt do that with the ab initio salary ...