PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roulette solo display: Camberwell Vic.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 06:29
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I whole heartedly agree with VH-XXX.

Such reckless displays of stunt flying in high performance military aircraft should be tightly regulated and planned for.

Some serious questions need to be raised.

Was there any advance notice to the local residents of the afore mentioned display?

Were there any emergency service personnel in attendance to provide assistance should there be a malfunction or incident?

What prior planning was conducted and was there a risk mitigation study carried out by the air force prior to conducting the display?

Was the pilot appropriately trained to carry out such maneuverer's in close proximity to young, innocent children?

Were the children appropriately briefed on emergency procedures and evacuation assembly points prior to the display?

I for one, and I urge anyone else who is concerned, will be writing to my local member to demand some answers! In fact I will also be writing to my local media outlets too.

As VH-XXX had highlighted, engines do fail, particularly during aerobatics!!! Anyone just has to check the worldwide statistics for engine failures during normal operations vs aerobatics and you will see this frightening trend!!

Get writing people!