PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Roulette solo display: Camberwell Vic.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2012, 05:07
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
The fact that this is a debate saddens me.

Here we have a historically very reliable aircraft performing an admirable solo (reducing the risk even further) for free to a bunch of kids, and adults. I didn't see it, nor did my kids, but as a taxpayer I'm happy.

I would have thought that fellow aviators could weigh up the very long odds of something untoward hapenning here and taking out a bunch of schoolkids with the joy that it would have brought to them.

What better way to inspire them. Sadly they can't get to the jumpseat on a Boeing or Airbus like we did. I fly today from the inspiration from a cockpit visit to a 747 when I was 8. Don't deny the next generation the same opportunity.

They would be at greater risk being driven to their fete from a runway truck or drunk driver. At some point as a society we should pat the fun police on the shoulder, walk them to a nice beige room with soothing bird calls playing and serve them a cup of cool tea in case they burn themselves whilst the rest of us try and run a society that has fun and inspires the next generation.

[\rant]