PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PrivatAir
Thread: PrivatAir
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 21:55
Kestrell820

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

so I just found this thread and I think there are some things to be clarified,
cause when I read this all here, I think lots of stuff is just hearing saying and made up.
So first of all, things are not perfect in Privatair!
BUT, for my opinion, its still a good company!
In the last 2 years for my knowledge 3 Captains and 4 FO´s resigned. Thats it.
If this is a lot or not, everybody can decide by himself. There were some tax issues with some collegues, but if you can blame the company for that or your own tax advisor is also a different story.
Don´t get me wrong, I am not defending Privatair, but I am just saying, there are always 2 points of view.
Fact is that Privatar lost a couple of contracts and for now, they operate mainly for Lufthansa and ECAir. 1 BBJ goes to the middle east for another contract from spring 2013.
Privatair upgraded 8 First officers last year. Next January there will be 2-4 more and there will be a quite high demand for rated FO´s on the 737 and 757 coming up, as ECair is expanding quite a lot.
After like half a year flying in Congo, some FO´s got the chance just now to swap back to Europe, but actually only a couple took the offer, as the rest liked the operation down there a lot.
Saying this, I don´t think there are too many airlines in Europe right now hiring FO´s for a decent salary + there have never been lay offs in Privatairs history.