PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 17:21
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK/QR/Pakistan

Planeaddict

ATNotts explained it earlier based on regular load factors of 76-85% they would just spread the passengers out over three flights. The third flight would leave about 9-10am to connect with EK's third biggest departure bank at Dubai. This is mainly routes to Indian and Pakistan so there is a chance that they might pinch some of PIA pax and give that service a problem.

Also if priced right they might re-take some passengers from Turkish but that is hardly an ideal situation. If EK opened up Dubai - Amritsar then that would give the third service a boost but that is affected by UAE-Indo bilaterals I believe before you even consider whether an Amritsar service would be sustainable from Dubai. It is one of the few routes that is not rumoured much although I am sure eventually they will get round to looking at it.

As for Lahore, if my memory serves me right I don't think passenger figures anywhere other than Islamabad from BHX have set the world alight in the past.

Ringwayman - Did they have much choice with Glasgow? The one flight was packed out but doubling capacity would have been a risk so they put one their smallest aircraft in terms of seats on the second flight, although this is to be increased soon as they slowly withdraw the 343 from the fleet. Glasgow's load factors with the A343 have only been in the mid 70's so a 428 seat aircraft I would have thought would have been a disaster. Saying that I believe you can purchase first class on the Glasgow service, which was not an option on BHX when the three class 77W's operated on the evening service.

Are you sure about the dilution statement - I know in October the net figures from all those services were up (QR were the only ones down) but the load factors of the ME carriers were only mid to late 70's, surely yields have been diluted with all the empty seats or have they managed to maintain average fares?

Transat - major disappointment

AdamG1

West Coast of America - short-term no chance, medium-term - no chance, long-term - little chance. The only reason I say little is the EK factor, in order words things change and 15 years ago suggesting twice daily EK would have got you a visit from the men in white coats

Pete