PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 15:49
Planeaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would happen if EK just went ahead and started a third daily flight based on the passenger numbers? Or maybe they'll go ahead with it once the Qatar service is confirmed?

Whenever I see these diversions over fog, snow etc, I always seem to imagine that the 80s stands are turned into a pier, and an airbridge connecting it to the terminal. If you see what I'm getting at, maybe make the concept 'come to life' (Google Sketchup would be a good one, someone who has much more knowledge of the airport and is a better sketcher than me )

I still think Shaheen Air or Airblue are a possiblity. I have contacted both via Facebook and the response from both was quite simple, "We'll keep you updated for any official announcements". I presume that both airlines are talking to BHX, but what they could provide is a non-stop service to Karachi or Lahore which we haven't had in, what, 10 years (when PIA used to use BHX for their transatlantic flights)? If a 772 can make it from Delhi, then an A332 should be a decent option (even without the need of a runway extension). If anyone hears anything let us know

Another thing I'd like to point out is the need for an indoor viewing area. I think many would definitely push for a replacement for the Aviation Experience (which was sadly closed just under 2 years ago), anyone heard anything?