PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 12:00
Ringwayman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't see why EK couldn't start a third daily service with an A330, or even an A340 (seeing as Glasgow could manage it and it took them at least 7 years to get a second daily flight),
GLA is only 2 daily. However, a bigger concern may be that they introduced first class at the same time. Quite why BHX has not managed that is something that I'm slightly surprised with.

If this turns out to materialise, I can only presume it is because QR have seen EK's falling loads whilst TK has gone through the roof; is there room for the three of them at BHX which, in itself, continues to be squeezed by MAN and LHR, not forgetting that LHR will be QR's flagship 787 route for the forseeable...
Yet MAN has every day 3 x EK, 2 x TK and EY, with up to 2 x QR though there appears to be no real dilution of passenger numbers when frequencies are bumped which tends to suggest they are living with each other here. The broad catchment area for BHX is surely just as big as that for MAN but somehow they need to try to arrest the flow routing via LHR - I imagine that to be a far greater migration than towards MAN. What kind of marketing campaign does BHX have around the London area?