PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Al pilot arrested at JFK airport.
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2012, 11:52
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
In line with the above story:

A couple of weeks ago I passed through a large Asian airport. The screener looked at my carry-on for a fairly long time, after which he pointed something out to another agent, who came to me with a charming smile and said, sorry Sir, you seem to have a knife in your bag. I must have presented a rather dumb incredulous face, as that was my standard travel bag, with contents that have passed through a dozen screenings (including two major European airports on the same journey which I shall not name here...). She immediately went for my toiletry kit, and produced my Swiss army knife, which I realised I have put there two months earlier when I put the whole kit into my checked luggage on another trip. There was a good spirited laugh on both sides, she said if I pass through again on the land side, the knife will be at the lost and found office.... They were very proud at having spotted something that a dozen screeners elsewhere did not. I'd hate to think of what I would have experienced in the land of the brave and the free...

Last edited by andrasz; 1st Dec 2012 at 20:53.