PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 23:23
matt1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid £125 for the test. My session included the plates (which i failed...i knew i would), then they did the quick CAD, failed that...so i went on to do the full 15 minute CAD. I got borderline on that one so did 2 more, and they took the average of that, so i think i did both versions. (The quick one, and then the full one)

For the first part (up until the end of 1st full 15 minute CAD) I had a bloke, i forget his name...and then a lady took over.
After taking a while to get my results (she was going in and out of different rooms whilst i sat in the waiting room..presumably talking to other staff?), she eventually called me back and told me I'd failed.
She said she wouldn't advise me to redo it if I had failed it by a mile. She said that if i was to take it again they would average it over all the tests i have taken and it would possibly pull me below the 12 limit (equally...I could do worse haha). She was a lovely lady, but i'm just abit confused as to why retaking would help me. Surely averaging over all the tests does infact make it alot more difficult to pull it down below the 12 threshold...
Money making tactics or a hint that i may pass next time, god knows!?
All i know is that if i do decide to go again i'm going to take alot more breaks, i didn't and that was probably my downfall...by the 3rd one my eyes were tired, i should have stopped for a few minutes but i just wanted to get it over with!