PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-PGW ATSB report
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 22:46
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed Akro...sadly!

The Cherokee crash, as tragic as it is, is mostly a repeat of the same things for the umteenth time. Just like the dragon. I am trying to be realistic here. From a few early details, an initial study of what happened, I think we can group all these types of accidents, regardless of the loss of life, and say...nothing new here.

The PGW and for that matter the the Norfolk ditching are somewhat more worthy of spending time and money on. FFS they did not and still have not pulled the recorders.

Benalla and Lockhart are reports I am starting to wonder about given some things were not thoroughly explored.

Without harping on, if you accept the botching up of the Whyalla report, which will forever be a huge embarrassment to the bureau, as being a litmus test, there does indeed raise doubt over the rest of the reports.

It seems to me that the mundane ones get churned through easily, the kinds of things like airliners getting too close, plenty of easy to diagnose data available, but for anything else....where some really clever stuff is needed, it is a coin toss.

Don't for one minute assume I think I am in any way an accident investigator of worth, but I do wonder if the few really good ones we have are always on the ball due to other pressures.

And it does seem ironic that the priorities of what is looked at closely and what is not, what is actually reported in detail, are becoming less than consistent. Like as if there are greater forces at play. Agendas to meet.

Maybe this is less of a mystery to some, but it is not looking like a logical well executed service to industry and the public. Budgets are tight, sure, but where the money is spent is what puzzles me most.