PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too many SO's at CX?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 21:18
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotchute
Apparently Cathay have too many SO's now and only local ab initio's will be trained in 2013-14. Funny because I was told the opposite in HK a couple of months ago for my interview.

Is this a move to a locals only airline or does FTA have a training capacity problem? I mention these because I really find it hard to beleive that you have an oversupply of SO's at Cathay. If someone would like to correct me I will happily go back in my box.

Didn't post this in the Wannabe section because I don't think anyone there would know the answer.
Not an FTA capacity problem as far as I understand it.

CX are retiring their 747 fleet and they are retrenching the 747 drivers onto the other fleets, which takes up available sim space and CX training capacity. Hence no room for any cadets for a while.

I understand that a initio courses will continue as these will not spit out of FTA for 12 months or so by which time the sim availability will have eased. It is the Advanced entry and transition courses (the shorter term ones) that are on hold.

This has not I understand been driven by FTA at all and I expect it has left them with a huge hole on their order book.

More to Follow

The Kelpie