PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - El Al pilot arrested at JFK airport.
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 19:16
roadrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some of you guys scare me......

This is a perfect of example of why this country is going to fail.
Some of you seem to get it and some of you scare me, you probably voted for the obama-nation.

First of all- (El Al) this is the safest, toughest airline in the world.
2nd- yes we have crash axes, that are probably considered weapons in most of the world.
3rd- We as pilots don't need weapons to kill xxx people if not more anytime we want.
4th- Some of us carry guns on the aircraft, those may be weapons also.

And the TSA grabs this guy for a baton (i carry one in my car at all times, I am ex G-man) because..... he might take over the plane..... wow never thought about a pilot controlling a plane before, could that really happen????

Now, one of you big thinkers said, he might give it to a passenger on another flight!!!! Really, then what you are saying is that pilot is a terrorist..

Got a news flash for you, your right, a "legit pilot" terrorist could pass stuff to passengers. But he could anyway, there are ways for pilots to get about anything thru they want. You are not going to stop a "legit pilot" terrorist from doing his deeds, sorry. AND most importantly, he wouldn't be passing a baton for that use, have any of you used a baton, it takes many hours of training to use it effectively AND it is worthless in a confined space such as an airplane. Unless you are 3' tall, then it would still be very ineffective.

But hey, we can all feel safe that the TSA in on the job. And no pilot will ever control an aircraft in the good ole USA, cause that would not be safe.

Bottom line, our security measures are great for keeping honest people from doing something, totally ineffective against true criminals, but great fluff for the masses. Reason this country (and i love this country but truth is truth) will fail, you must use sense when doing your job, not just written words in a book. Most every other country and i have flown part 121 in most of them, understand this. Hard to believe i know. But not america. Case and point, i flew for a domestic carrier in the USA a few years back, a child came thru security with a GI Joe, and joe had his gov't issue .45. (now everyone understand the joe's .45 was a plastic gun maybe 1" in size if that large, maybe some of you have had a gi joe and know what i am talking about. TSA took it up, saying no guns allowed on the plane. I immediately stepped in and took it from TSA, i was still outside security and told the father i would see him later, they were on my flight. I went thru security and gave the GUN to the passenger on the plane, they were thankful that joe didn't have to go to war without his sidearm. I felt better knowing joe had his .45 in the back of my plane, so it was a win win. Now if you are starting to get the point of my rant then you are the intelligent one(s) good for you, if you are still confused about my comment, then yes obama is a great president and going to save you, standby...