PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Repayments, how do you do it?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 17:19
FokkerGirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd expect only a handful of applicants come from wealth, but I could be wrong.
I worked at a flying school that did both integrated and modular training. There were definitely a handful of students who were funded by their parents. Some were wealthy, and some were middle class but came up with the money through mortgaging their home. Other students worked for several years to build up the funds, one student I remember quite well used the inheritance from his deceased parents. Some students were able to get loans.

It's not in the FTOs interest to let students go unemployed. And if students are taking on the risk and debt by commencing these integrated courses for every failure there must be many success stories, surely?
Of course our school would have liked a 100% success rate, because it is good advertising. The truth was that the number of students that found jobs was extremely low... about two per year since the crisis hit. Regardless, the school would promote the success stories of the few... and the masses would sign up thinking that they could beat the odds and be the next success story. It is amazing how blind people can become by a little bit of optimism.