PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Repayments, how do you do it?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 13:06
taxistaxing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to get accepted into a good school and the paperwork for the loan has finally come through.
Are you tagged by an airline, or just through the door of the school? If you're not tagged I would be thinking very carefully about the limited prospects following training, and exactly how you are going to service the loan repayments. Is the loan secured on your (or your parent's) property? If so you need a plan in place as to how you will afford the repayments.

I'm not working in the industry but training on a modular basis, funded entirely from my earnings earnings in another (thankfully well paid) career. I fully accept this is going to take longer than an integrated course, and has very uncertain prospects, but at least I have an income coming in and can continue in my current profession until/unless I'm lucky enough to find a flying job. If I were you I would give this route some serious consideration.

Have a read of the CTC wings thread as there are some posters purporting to be EZY first officers complaining at dire levels of pay during their contracts.