PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I just read that Goma Airport has been
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 16:40
Temp Spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The very reason why I have been asking is because I don’t believe CNN. I think you can read that much into my questions. Best I have is some VOA dude’s social media posts, which is very incomplete.

I can’t believe Mobotu is going to lay down and cry because I called him/her a troll. It came from the Monusco comment. Never believed Monusco had anything to do with relief flights. I have no confusion with govt./rebels and Monusco. I know the fighting is over raw minerals harvested by virtual slave labor. The assumption error was Mobotu’s, not mine. I don’t need the lecture.

However, I did have a senior moment. My apologies Mobotu.

rcsa, you gave me the best information and I thank you for it. There is a lot of truth in what you say, but not the whole truth. I have more African experiences than my years in Loki. Though I was there years before there was ever a South African there, because there was a Kenyan embargo against apartheid. Indeed I welcomed the first and he wasn’t even in Aviation, (though he pretended to be), then later a few that were. I was even there before Bob McCarthy was running the UN camp which was little more than a few tents at the time. In fact the only African operator was Kenyan “Safari Air” for excess carriage from NBO only. Overtime I had been paid by four operators out of Loki, all “expat” but one was African….South African.

Last edited by Temp Spike; 30th Nov 2012 at 16:41.