PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Hire/Training In Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 12:35
Con_G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for the replies.

Firstly regarding the licence, I rang CASA today and I was informed my application was on the processing officers desk and was getting done today, apparently the person who was handling it previously has had alot of time off with illness recently. I hope they get well soon. However I wont be holding my breath as I heard a similar story about 3 weeks ago when I called the first time.

Secondly, thanks major-tom for the suggested flight, I have had a look at it and it does look like a nice flight so I am using that for my initial planning but I will plan to YWBE instead of YMPC to avoid R330B which is an RA3 which is active on the days I have planned to fly, I do like Sunfish's idea of starting busy so I might reverse it. (on a side note you guys have a lot of ala's and military down there)

I will be staying in the city so I'm looking to fly out of Moorabbin as I don't have to travel too far. I have spoken to a few schools including what has been mentioned here, The CFI at Melbourne Flight Training has been really helpful in taking the time to answer all my questions and has agreed to let me log this as command time and also use it as a company check ride for any future hire. Judging by their website they seem to be a professional mob with mainly career instructors and their prices seem reasonable, so unless someone here tells me otherwise (feel free to PM me if you want to keep it private) I think I will be going with them.