PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango SA
Thread: Mango SA
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2012, 06:01
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well....it's not that great......witness the near-strike over salaries recently averted, and...well.....the uniform. It's...I don't know how to put this....orange. Very, very orange.

Seriously though, I would also wish them only the best IF they were private - another work opportunity for pilots in SA with nice aircraft to fly, another opportunity for competition with resultant better options for passengers thus opening up the skies for more of the traveling public, competition to offer services (who knows, they may have forced the way for airbourne wifi in SA), etc etc -all of this is good. But I'm making the assumption that market competition is good. As things stand, I fear the destructive nature of the airline industry in South Africa. It's not sustainable in the very long term, unless your long term goal is 'one airline for SA', which then forgoes all the above advantages.

IMHO, it should be a simple chain of logic: Do you want only one company to service the skies of SA - Yes/No. The rest follows from your answer to that. It's not a rhetorical question. There are probably those here who would answer 'Yes'. But then I would assume they know they advocate the elimination of free market competition.